Spilled Milk in the Winter

No comments :
My sister and I had a date on New Year’s Eve day in Chicago at Heritage Bicycles. It’s a cute coffee and bike shop right off Lincoln Ave.

My first visit to this coffeeshop was in the summer with friends a few weeks before I moved; we sat outside sipping our iced coffee because it had been completely packed inside. Now it was painfully cold outside and almost empty inside, and so my sister and I relaxed and sipped our cappuccinos while slowly dunking our chocolate biscotti. At one point her friend drove by and texted us that she saw us through the window. At another point the barista spilled milk on the floor. Later a family resembling our own came in and talked over their coffees. They seemed to really enjoy each other’s company, just like our family. While the barista took down the Christmas garlands behind us, my sister and I had a discussion about mixed families and then our family. It was so nice to be there with her.



No comments :