The Kiss

No comments :
One of my favorite museums in Paris is the Musée Rodin. Before I went, I didn’t have high hopes; sculpture wasn’t and isn’t really my thing. But I went because everyone raves about Le Penseur (see if you can spot my friend behind it), Rodin is famous and museums were free.

Inside the museum I walked slowly, a little tired and a little bored, carefully considering each work but moving at a steady pace as part of the procession of visitors. But when I got to Le Baiser, I stopped. I couldn’t stop staring at it, at each part of the embrace; I wanted to memorize all of it. I don’t know much about art, but this was breathtaking. I’d like to take this (and Michelangelo’s David, Monet’s Les Nemphéas and I guess the Acropolis while we’re at it) and place them in a room just for me to regard whenever I desire. I couldn’t believe someone could make this. I couldn’t believe something so beautiful and soft could come out of a block of marble.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that if you go to Paris, go the Musée Rodin and stare at Le Baiser. Or better yet please steal it for me.



No comments :